Say whaaat?? I've never enjoyed writing so I never (ever) thought I would have my own blog but after months of journaling I feel like I have so much to write out and share with people, yes, with you! I write this just for YOU! I look at this as an opportunity to openly share my heart with whoever wants to read it. So what I write out is nothing but a reflection and an overflow of my heart.
I have nothing but LOVE to give to the world! And when I say love, I mean God because God IS Love (1 John 4:8). Perfect, selfless Love.
Woo, I thought this first blog was gonna be about the power of our words but now I just wanna talk about GOD'S GREAT LOVE!! Real Love.
I feel that a lot of people don't really know what love is. Let me give you the true definition of love as the word of God breaks it down for you. It reads:
"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
LOVE NEVER FAILS."
I know many of you have heard this scripture found in 1 Corinthians 13 but how many of you have stopped and really asked yourself if you know love. Love is not a one night stand that leaves you empty and broken, love doesn't seek it's own pleasure, love is not a moment of lust and passion, love doesn't speak words that hurt you, love doesn't make you feel unworthy, love doesn't lie to your face, love doesn't leave your side, love doesn't hide things behind your back, love doesn't abuse, love doesn't change whenever you're not around, love is not what this world says it is!
TRUE LOVE IS GOD! Love gives itself for the good of the other person, Love doesn't think about itself but about others always, Love hopes for the best, Love encourages, Love keeps no record of wrongs, Love is there through the good times and the hard times, Love gives, Love is eternal, Love forgives!I know many of you have heard this scripture found in 1 Corinthians 13 but how many of you have stopped and really asked yourself if you know love. Love is not a one night stand that leaves you empty and broken, love doesn't seek it's own pleasure, love is not a moment of lust and passion, love doesn't speak words that hurt you, love doesn't make you feel unworthy, love doesn't lie to your face, love doesn't leave your side, love doesn't hide things behind your back, love doesn't abuse, love doesn't change whenever you're not around, love is not what this world says it is!
I really like this video by Jaeson Ma. This is what true love is all about:
It was because of Love that Jesus left His throne in heaven to pay the ultimate price of death on the cross. Can you imagine that? He didn't have to come down to this sinful world where He knew He would be hated, spit upon, beat, bruised, betrayed, and put to death on the cross but because of His great love for you and me He gave His all for us. So that through His death, the sacrifice of the Perfect lamb of God, we would be saved by grace. It's because of Love that our sins have been paid for and forgiven. It's because of Love that we have direct access to the Father. It's because the love of the Father that He GAVE His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. Now, I don't know who's reading this but God wants you to know that HE LOVES YOU! So much that He gave His life for you! He literally gave His ALL for you! Because You are worth it! You were made to love and to be loved!
If you don't know this great love that you've just read about, and I mean TRUE Love, then ask Love Himself to become real to you. The Bible says, "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, YOU WILL BE SAVED"- Romans 10:9. Whoa, is it really that easy? YES! If you confess Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart then you are saved (eternal life for you- No better gift than that!). And that's when you start a personal relationship with your Father. He has such a great plan for your life filled with purpose, and indescribable joy! And He promises to guide you through it all and never leave you. Ever.
God is not a religion, He's a loving Father who desires a personal relationship with you. He's got nothing but perfect love for you. And you need to know that.
It's all because of Love.
Ivette, this is amazing, and so inspiring! Never thought you would be writing a blog, huh? Well, this a quite an awesome way to start one! lol. I've always thought it'd be fun to start a blog, but I have no idea what I would fill it with...lol
ReplyDeleteThis is your heart, and I'm glad to see you continually seeking God. His love is beautiful. It's more fulfilling than any thing else in the whole world!
God is just so amazing. It's a shame how much of the world doesn't realize that 1 Cor 13:4-7 is *real* love.
Awesome video, by the way. lol